Living with both lower and upper back pain can be incredibly difficult. For people that have been suffering from chronic back pain for more than three months, it might seem as if there's no end. Fortunately, there is help available with the help of a trained chiropractor. At Spine Pain Center, we're here to help the communities of Mt Pleasant, North Charleston, Summerville, Surfside Beach, and North Myrtle Beach, SC, find back pain relief.
What Causes Back Pain?
Upper back pain is mostly associated with muscle tension and muscle-related issues but can have issues stemming from poor spinal health. Lower back pain can also be due to muscle-related issues, but it is more common to see issues related to spinal health causing lower back pain. These include:
- Spinal stenosis, which is a narrowing of the spine that compresses the nerves in the spine
- Sciatica is the compression of the sciatic nerve that runs from the lower back to the outer part of the leg
- Muscle strains and sprains, which are caused by injuries or due to overuse injuries
- Herniated discs, which is where the disc in between the vertebrae break open and release fluid compressing the surrounding tissues and nerves
- Bulging discs, which is where the discs become damaged and flatten out over time
- Degenerative disc disorder
How Can a Chiropractor Provide Low Back Pain Relief?
Your chiropractor will conduct a physical exam to help aid in upper and low back pain relief. They will determine the root cause of your back pain and determine what chiropractic treatment can be effective for your specific issue. Chiropractic treatment can consist of muscle massages around the lower back to soothe sore muscles. Massages, trigger point therapy, and electrical stimulation can also help improve circulation and heal damaged tissues. Spinal decompression and spinal adjustments can help resolve issues due to poor spinal health, such as poor posture, misaligned spine, and herniated or bulging discs.
Schedule an Appointment with Our Chiropractor for Low Back Pain Relief
At Spine Pain Center, we have provided residents of Mt Pleasant, North Charleston, Summerville, Surfside Beach, and North Myrtle Beach, SC, with natural and effective back pain treatment for many years. Give us a call at (843) 606-2412 (North Charleston office), (843) 884-8444 (Mt Pleasant office), (843) 238-5900 (Surfside Beach office), (843) 879-9259 (Summerville office), or (843) 280-7000 (North Myrtle Beach office). for more information or to schedule an appointment with our chiropractor.