Treatment for Shoulder Injuries from Auto Accidents at Our Mt Pleasant Location
If you have recently been in a car accident, you may be suffering from various injuries. While back, leg, and neck pain are common injuries, shoulder pain is also common after a car accident. Regrettably, lifting things and even sleeping can be challenging when you have a shoulder injury. Thankfully, chiropractic care offers the testing and treatment methods you need to treat the root cause of your shoulder pain and prevent it from returning. If you are suffering from shoulder pain after an auto accident, our team at Spine Pain Center of Mt. Pleasant is ready to help.
Common Shoulder Injuries Due to Car Accidents
Your shoulder has numerous tendons, nerves, ligaments, and bones. Any impact that injures this complex structure results in soreness, pain, and limited mobility. Common shoulder injuries after an auto accident include:
- Shoulder dislocation: Your arm may dislocate from its socket due to the impact of a car accident. When this happens, you experience excruciating pain, and moving your arms becomes challenging.
- Whiplash: This injury is common in rear-end accidents, where the head jerks back and forth, injuring your neck's ligaments and tendons. The common symptoms of whiplash include pain, stiffness, dizziness, and headaches. However, pain may also radiate to your shoulders.
- Rotator cuff tear: Rotator cuff comprises several muscles and tendons. If you have a torn rotator cuff, rotating your arm is painful and moving your shoulder through its range of motion is quite challenging.
- Bursitis: While this injury is common after repeated use of your joints, it can also happen after an auto accident. The car accident's impact may inflame the fluid-filled sac inside the joint, causing swelling and pain.
- Sprains and strains: The damage to your shoulder's tendons and ligaments may lead to pain, swelling, and immobility.
If you have sustained a shoulder injury in Mt. Pleasant, don't try to treat the pain at home. Instead, book an appointment with an auto accident chiropractor for professional care.
How Our Chiropractors Treat Shoulder Pain
Chiropractic care can effectively treat your shoulder pain for long-lasting relief. Our chiropractors use various natural treatments for shoulder pain, including:
- Chiropractic adjustments to align your shoulder joints
- Spinal decompression to realign your spine and open up your nervous system for whole-body wellness, including your shoulders
- Cold laser therapy to reduce pain and inflammation, especially after sprains and strains
Visit Us for Auto Injury Treatment
Give us a call at (843) 606-2412 (North Charleston office), (843) 884-8444 (Mt Pleasant office), (843) 238-5900 (Surfside Beach office), (843) 879-9259 (Summerville office), or (843) 280-7000 (North Myrtle Beach office).