With adults enjoying more active lifestyles than ever before, more people are experiencing sports injuries. Serious injuries like broken bones need the care of a physician. Soft tissue injuries like sprains and strains are best cared for by a chiropractor. Our expert team at Spine Pain Center, will evaluate your injury and determine the best treatment plan. Our South Carolina locations include N. Charleston, Mt. Pleasant, Surfside Beach, Summerville, North Myrtle Beach, and Irmo, Columbia. Our team will provide you with the best possible treatment so you can return to your active lifestyle as soon as possible.
Sports Injuries Best Treated by a Chiropractor
Chiropractors can be crucial for those who have experienced some common sports injuries. Some injuries our chiropractor commonly addresses include:
- Ankle sprains
- Groin pulls
- Hamstring strains
- Shin splints
- Knee injuries, especially, ACL tears and runner’s knee
- Tennis elbow
- Muscle pulls
- Shoulder injuries
- Other soft tissue injuries
You can reduce your chances of sustaining a sports injury by properly warming up before playing sports.
Chiropractic Therapies and Treatments
There are many treatment plans that a skilled chiropractor can perform on those with a sports injury. Our chiropractic team will conduct a physical exam, X-Rays, and other diagnostic tests to identify the extent of your sports injuries and provide you with the most effective possible chiropractic treatment. Some chiropractic techniques we often perform for sports injury treatment include:
- Graston Technique®: This treatment uses instruments that help with the treatment of scar tissue and allows for faster rehabilitation, reduction of pain, and restoring range of motion and helps to restore normal functions.
- Kinesio Taping: The Kinesio Taping® Method is a taping technique used to reduce pain and promote lymphatic drainage by lifting the skin. The tape can be applied in hundreds of different ways to reduce pain and inflammation. It is also used following surgery to spur quick healing, increase performance, and promote circulation.
- Active Release Techniques: (ART®) was developed to treat injuries that traditional treatments do not help. It helps to reduce pain, increases movement, and offers patients a chance to recover fully.
- Strengthening Exercises: There is a wide range of strengthening exercises that help the body prepare for athletic activity. Strengthening exercises include:
- Lifting weights
- Resistance bands
- Climbing stairs
- Waling up hills
- Push-ups and Squats
Visit Our Sports Injury Chiropractor Today
If you have recently experienced a sports injury in N. Charleston, Mt. Pleasant, Surfside Beach, Summerville, North Myrtle Beach, or Irmo, Columbia, the chiropractic professionals at Spine Pain Center are ready to assist you. For more information on sports injury treatment or to schedule an appointment with our chiropractor, Give us a call at Mt Pleasant office (843) 884-8444, North Charleston office (843) 606-2412, Surfside Beach office (843) 238-5900, Summerville office (843) 879-9259, North Myrtle Beach office (843) 280-7000, or Irmo, Columbia office (803) 781-4092.